Work with Us
Charlotte Congregational Church Music Director
The Charlotte Congregational Church, UCC, is a vibrant, welcoming, open and affirming congregation of 275 that is currently seeking a dynamic and accomplished Music Director. Located in Charlotte, Vermont, the church has a restored 1920 Steinway piano, a 9-rank 1930 Estey Organ, and a growing, committed core choir of 8-15. The Music Director will coordinate choral and non-choral music, performing for weekly worship services, which are also live-streamed.
● Provide music for the weekly worship service including prelude, postlude, and accompaniment for hymns and other music performed during the service.
● Review, select and purchase choral, organ and piano music.
● Direct and accompany the seasonal choir (September through mid-June).
● Conduct a weekly evening choir rehearsal.
● Conduct a Sunday morning choir rehearsal (9:00 to 9:30 am).
● Plan, select and prepare choral music and provide copies to the choir
(the choir performs the Meditation and the Anthem).
● Coordinate rehearsals with guest musicians.
● Communicate frequently and effectively with the Pastoral Staff, choir, and Music Ministry.
● Select music to be performed and establish the performance/rehearsal schedule in conversation with the Pastoral Staff and the Music Ministry.
● Engage guest musicians to perform periodically and on special occasions, and to provide music during the Music Director’s absence.
● Submit check/payment requests for guest musicians.
● Organize and maintain music files.
Salaried position dependent upon qualifications and experience.
● Salary minimum of $16,500 per year, approximately 15 hrs/week.
● Six weeks of paid vacation per year.
● This position offers opportunities to play for additional events such as marriages, funerals, and memorial services. The Music Director will coordinate such opportunities with interested parties and arrange payment independently.
Senior Pastor and works cooperatively with Senior and Associate Pastors and Music Ministry.
Conditions of Employment
Employment is “at will” and can be terminated by either Charlotte Congregational Church or the Music Director with a minimum of two week’s notice.
The applicant will be required to participate in a background check (paid for by the church) as required by the Safe Church Policy of Charlotte Congregational Church. The final offer of employment will be contingent on the results of that check.
The Search Committee will begin reviewing applications on October 27th, 2021. Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail Charlotte Congregational Church, Music Ministry, PO Box 12, Charlotte, VT 05445. Church office phone: 802-425-3176.